Welcome to the Heston Community School Key Stage 4 Revision Hub.
Examinations are the key to unlocking the door to your future. Here are some top tips to make your revision as productive as possible:
- Start in Year 10. Leaving your revision until Year 11 will increase your level of stress.
- Create a productive work space. Turn off the social media, tv and music.
- Create a revision timetable prioritising the subjects and topics you find the hardest
- Ensure you get plenty of sleep. Your brain needs a minimum of 8 hours each night.
- Make sure you allocate yourself reasonable time for breaks, meals, exercise and leisure.
- Always plan the topics you will complete in the next session. This will make it easier for you to get started.
- Follow the Revision Cycle
- Identify: What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Self reflect using a checklist and the specification
- Do quizzes on Educake, Seneca or Mathswatch
- Refer to assessments in class and feedback from your teacher
- Use websites such as Seneca, Physics and Maths tutor or Save my Exams
- Use youtube videos such as Primrose Kitten, Freesciencelessons
- Use revision guides
- Don't spend hours copying notes or highlighting text books
- Complete, mark and correct examination questions
- Write mind maps of key points without looking at your notes
- Verbally explain to someone else
And then go back to the beginning and repeat, repeat, repeat.
Further tips on revision strategies can be found here.
Guidance on how to avoid examination stress can be found here.