Vision & Mission Statement
A Passion for Learning
- To make Heston Community School a great school that provides an outstanding, creative education for its students and prepares them for life in the 21st century.
- To ensure that all stakeholders are valued and contribute to the future success of the School
To be one of the best secondary schools locally and nationally
Our mission is to be the best school locally by transforming learning and being outstanding.
Its objective is to instil in all stakeholders a passion for learning that will form the foundations for changing lives.
We have four pillars for success:
- Students who achieve in the top 20% of similar schools, who go on to the best universities or jobs with top employers and are seen as ambassadors for the School and positive role models in the community.
- Staff for whom we are the employer of choice, providing a great place in which to work and an environment where they can be the best.
- Parents/Carers who know that Heston Community School really cares about their children, recognise that it has effective strategies to meet individual needs and for whom the School is the natural choice to entrust the education of their children.
- A Community for whom we are more than a School and a partner of choice which improve outcomes locally, regionally, nationally and globally.
Our Vision and Mission Statements underpin our aims and objectives and many stakeholders will recognise that we have already begun the journey towards achieving ours ambitions. Our aspirational School Development Plan for 2013 sets out a clear path to the desired outcomes described, as we strive to bring the vision to reality.